1) Prior to stump grinding, safety precautions are made for the protection of people and property.
2) Calling before you dig is the law in Minnesota.
Minnesota State Statute Chapter 216D requires anyone who engages in any type of excavation to provide advance notice of at least two working days to Gopher State One Call.
3) There are two ways to report excavation activity in Minnesota. You can visit www.gopherstateonecall.org and enter your dig information online, or you can dial 811 and speak to a phone representative.
4) The service provided by Gopher State One Call to excavators is free of charge. The cost of Gopher State One Call is provided by Minnesota's underground facility operators.
5) A temporary fence is placed around the stump during the grinding process to protect people and property against flying debris.